Grief is a natural part of life when someone we love dies. Finding your way after a death may be difficult. You don’t have to do it alone. UpliftedCare has helped many people through their grief journey.
Here are some of the ways UpliftedCare can help:
The Bereavement Program
UpliftedCare’s bereavement counselor is highly skilled and specially trained to assist those who have suffered a loss as they journey through the grief process. The bereavement programs are open to families of hospice patients as well as other grieving members of the community. A member of our bereavement team is available to speak with you about your loss. The bereavement team is also available to speak to business and community groups about grief and coping with loss, including workplace grief and issues involving child grief
Bereavement Support Groups
These groups are open to anyone in the community who has experienced the death of a loved one within the last year. We offer separate groups for adults, children, and teenagers. We also offer a series of different specialized groups throughout the year. Check our calendar page for dates and times, or call (815) 939-4141 and ask to speak with a bereavement counselor. Below are the ongoing adult support groups we have all year long.
- 1st Tuesday of every month at UpliftedCare at 10:00am located in the counseling room
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month at UpliftedCare at 6:00pm located in the counseling room.
Children’s bereavement counseling
Our bereavement counselor specializes in working with children through this difficult and sometimes confusing time. Whether or not the child has had an experience with a loved one on hospice, we are here to help the entire community, regardless of their circumstance. Our counselor can provide individual counseling in the school setting, home, or in our main office. Please call for more information.
The Grief Center – Coming Soon!
UpliftedCare is excited to announce that we have built a community Grief Center in Bourbonnais, IL. The Grief Center will be an amazing asset to the communities we serve and just another example of how UpliftedCare is committed to caring for all in need.
Follow along on our journey as we take a deeper dive into grief, what it is, who it affects, what we do to help process grief and how we intend to take that support to the next level.
All will be held at the UpliftedCare office unless otherwise noted.
- Anger and Forgiveness: It’s relatively easy to admit that we feel sadness when a loved one died, but often other painful emotions are present, too. Although we don’t talk about it openly, anger is often a part of bereavement. We may be angry at extended family members who didn’t pull their weight in caregiving. We may be angry at the deceased for dying without having their will in order. We may be angry at ourselves for not meeting our own expectations in coping with the death. In this half-day workshop, we will consider the many ways this painful emotion surfaces in the wake of losing a loved one. We will also explore forgiveness – including defining what it is and is not and the steps one goes through to forgive – as a possible means of healing from anger.
- Finding Your New Normal: Grieving the loss of a loved one brings many challenges and changes. Adapting to so many changes may seem overwhelming. This six-week support group is designed for those experiencing a recent loss to bring together and encourage them in their process of establishing a “new normal”.
- Creating Through Loss: When suffering a loss, many find it difficult to express their thoughts and emotions in an effective way. In “Creating through Loss,” we will use art, music, poetry and other art mediums to process and express grief. This six-week support group is designed to give you the opportunity to create your own art and learn to use art mediums to express thoughts, ideas and emotions even after the group has ended.