WHAT IS HOSPICE & WHEN IS IT TIME?
Hospice is a philosophy of caring for individuals with serious illnesses who no longer benefit from curative treatments. When that time comes, hospice is there every step of the way with the patient and family as they focus on comfort at the end of life. UpliftedCare believes that there is still much to hope for and wish for in our patients and families lives. Our goal is to help and support patients and families during this transitional time and to hold compassion and dignity above all else.
What is Hospice Care?
- An extra layer of support for patients with terminal illness to help maintain quality of life
- A skilled team of professionals who provide care in the comfort of your own home or in nursing homes and residential care facilities
- Regular visits from nurses to check on patient and teach the family how to manage the patient’s care between visits
- Coverage for medications, special equipment, and supplies established as part of the Hospice Plan of Care
- Hospice aides can provide personal care
- Social workers and chaplains assist with planning and offer emotional and spiritual support to the whole family
- Trained volunteers can help with more practical needs, errands and companionship
- Grief support staff and volunteers provide group and individual support as needed
When is it time for Hospice Care?
If your loved one is:
- Becoming weaker and losing physical abilities
- Being hospitalized more often
- Needing help with most daily activities such as grooming or eating
- Having multiple illnesses or physical problems at the same time
- Becoming increasingly difficult to care for both physically and emotionally
- Qualifying patients can be of any age and have any life-limiting condition, including but not limited to: Cancer, Heart Disease, Liver Disease, Blood Disorders, Lung Disease, ALS, Alzheimer’s Disease/Dementia
Call us at 815.939.4141 today to find your way back to a life more fully lived. We can help determine what services are best for you and your loved one and answer any questions about how to begin receiving uplifting support.